Send us a note
Early Childhood Development Specialist
(416) 449-9651 ext. 105
EarlyON child and family centre
A supportive place for parents/caregivers and young children. The Rumball EarlyON Child and Family Centre is a welcoming and inclusive drop in program where parents and caregivers can bring their young children to play, meet other caregivers, get answers on child development and find information on programs and services. Children can participate in activities that support their growth and development.
We also offer specialized programming for families with a child who has a newly diagnosed hearing loss. Our staff are experienced in the area of hearing loss and provide an excellent resource.
- Early learning drop-in programs for all parents/caregivers and children
- Information and Referrals to community resources for children and families.
- Staff communicate in English and American Sign Language.
- Family Resource and Lending Library
- Specific programming for families with a child who is Deaf or hard of hearing (has any level of hearing loss):
- Free American Sign Language classes for parents
- Parent Mentor Program
- Workshops and social events
Weekly schedule: Tuesday to Friday 9:30-12:00 pm, year-round (closed on Statutory Holidays and between Christmas/New Year’s).
9:30 am: Activity Time
10:30 am: Snack Time
11:15 am: Circle Time
11:30 am: Resource Time (offers one on one support in a quiet atmosphere; lending library visit)
Free parking onsite. Enter through side door.
- For families with a child who is deaf or hard of hearing (has any level of hearing loss):
- Free American Sign Language classes for parents.
- Parent Mentor Program . click for form.
- Workshops and social events.
Due to COVID-19 our Centre is closed to Families. To help keep you connected we have developed online and on the phone resources to get you through these hard times.
We are available for parent support/immediate response
by calling our work cell at 437-991-9386
Tuesday to Friday between 9:30 AM and 12PM
At the moment we are offering multiple online programs.
Every Tuesday we upload a new video as we explore a new theme through songs, stories and crafts, which is also supported by activities in our newsletter. All videos are in English with ASL support.
Parent Club Online
Mondays from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
Please join us for a parent-run online club: What do parents need to know?
Share updates, get strategies and get connected to the resources you need right now.
Have you missed taking your 0-6 year-old child to Drop-in? Do you want to build those connections again? Rumball EarlyON will be hosting weekly Virtual Drop-ins. Here you can chat with other parents, ask questions you might have about:
- build new connections for your child,
and participate in story and song time.
When (Online only): Thursdays 11:00am to 11:30am
Email Rumball EarlyON email@example.com for an online link.