April 23, 2020
Friends of the Camp of the Deaf
I write to you today on behalf of the Board of the Ontario Mission of the Deaf.
We are living in very strange and unusual times. This does impact the use of the Deaf Camp.
- The camp was shutdown in early March ahead of Provincial orders
- There is no external use of the property.
- The municipality of Seguin has given us direction that follows Provincial policy
- Policy is being actively enforced by By-law officers
- There are no seasonal rentals available for anyone who has a primary address that is not at camp
- We are allowed to provide emergency housing
- The camp is being prepared to be used as emergency housing for any of the Rumball programs that run throughout the province if needed
Until further notice:
- The 6-week summer children’s program is on hold
- ASL camp is on hold
- All cottage and lodge rentals and property use are cancelled
If the world comes back to a state of normal, and in time for the summer;
- The Summer children ‘s program will be rescheduled and be prioritized
- A modified program to meet the needs of the existing Rum ball residents and clients will be developed
- ASL Camp will be added if possible
- Cottage rentals will be available if possible
- There will be no commitments made to any use at this time
We will be reviewing the state of this crisis and its effect on the Camp in June.
Arthur Last, Chair Derek Rumball, Director