We deeply value our donor dollars and make every effort to keep our costs low so these gifts reach the programs and services for the Deaf you want to support.
As a whole, the organization spends between 2 and 7% on administrative costs.
That means 93-98% of your donations are spent on programs and services for Deaf individuals.
Some of the ways this money is spent include:
- New computers for our education programs
- Sending kids to camp
- Repairs and beautification projects
- Art supplies for Developmentally Delayed Deaf individuals in our Sensory Exploratory Arts Program
- Water and sports equipment for our campers
- Renovations and improvements to our Senior’s residences
- Wheelchair accessible transportation for Deaf people with mobility issues
- Field trips to help our Adult Education students learn hands-on
- Subsidies so underprivileged seniors can afford the care they need at our Long Term Care home
- New books and toys for our Early Education Centre
For more information on our financials, see our Annual Report - Inside / Outside